Banana bread is one of my favourite things to bake because it’s so quick and easy and it always turns out well. This oaty banana raspberry and coconut bread was one of those recipes that turned out perfectly the first time. I love this with a hot cup of coffee for my morning break. It’s a lovely moist, filling loaf that makes a nourishing and delicious snack. It’s even better spread with a little butter too!
Here’s the recipe.
Oaty Banana Raspberry and Coconut Bread
- 1 1/4cupswholegrain oats
- 1cupflourGluten free, plain, wholemeal, spelt – your choice
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 2tablespoonschia seeds
- 1/2cupmacadamia nut oilor melted coconut oil
- 3heaped dessertspoons of honey
- 1handful of chopped pecan nutsoptional
- zest from one lemon
- 3large ripe bananasblended
- 3eggs beaten
- 1cupfrozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a loaf tin with non stick baking paper (handy hit – make sure it is non stick!! Once I used the wrong type by mistake and it ruined my baking…)
- Mix the oats, flour, baking powder, chia seeds, nuts and coconut in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil and honey together, stirring well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the macadamia nut oil/honey mixture, the banana, eggs, milk and raspberries.
- Gently fold together until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for around 45 minutes or until cooked. An easy way to check is to insert a skewer in the middle. It will come out clean once cooked. Garnish with a little coconut and lemon rind.
- Store in an air tight container.