One thing I love about summer is the fresh blueberries. When I was sent this recipe by Blueberries NZ, I thought it was too good not to post! This could be both a breakfast or a dessert recipe. With Chia seeds, it’s a great source of fibre and omega 3 fats. Bananas provide a source of carbohydrate and potassium and blueberries are a fantastic source of antioxidants, as well as providing vitamin C and vitamin B6.
I haven’t tried it yet myself, but i’m going to this weekend. If you try it before then, do let me know what it’s like.
For the chia pudding:
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 1/2 cup almond or cows or soy milk
• 1 tbsp shredded coconut
• 1 tsp stevia sugar
For the Banana icecream:
• 2 frozen bananas
• 1/2 cup coconut water
• 1 tbsp cashew butter or 10-15
• 1 tbsp stevia sugar
• 3-4 tbsp fresh blueberries
1. In a bowl, add the chia seeds, milk, shredded coconut and stevia sugar. Stir well. Put in the
fridge overnight or let sit for at least 30 minutes.
2. Blend the bananas with coconut water and cashews until smooth and creamy.
3. Spoon 2 tbsp of the Banana Ice cream into the bottom of a glass. Add chia pudding on top
of that, then add some blueberries, followed by the rest of the Banana Icecream.
4. Top with remaining blueberries and dig in!
Recipe and picture provided thanks to Blueberries New Zealand www.blueberriesnz.co.nz